I began to work with fibre in 2007. I was drawn to art—as opposed to “traditional”—quilts because I’m not good at following instructions. Still, I have taken numerous courses and classes, with Nancy Crow (USA), Jennifer Love, Jane Willoughby Scott, Pat Crucil, Jason Pollen, Gloria Loughman (Australia), and others, as well as Textile History courses offered by Tisha Singer at Capilano University, where I have also studied life drawing with Marcus Bowcott.
I am a member of the international fibre arts group Out of Bounds, which produces two- and three-dimensional art in a variety of media, and also a member of the Surface Design Association of BC. As a jeweller, I have participated in a variety of craft fairs and Christmas Gallery Shows, including shows at The Ferry Gallery, West Vancouver (2006) and Seymour Art Gallery (2006 – 2014). I am currently represented at Seymour Art Gallery and The Landing Gallery.
- c. 1980: Masks: Canadian Craft Museum show, curated by Ann Rosenberg.
- 2009: Sunshine Coast Quilters’ Guild: jewellery.
- 2011: Sunshine Coast Quilters’ Guild, as member of Out of Bounds.
- 2009 – 2013: One-0-One Office Supply, Sechelt, BC.
- Jan 2012: “Obsessions,” Sunshine Coast Arts Centre, Sechelt, BC.
- Feb 6 – Mar 3, 2013: Sechelt Art Centre, Sechelt BC.
- One-o-One Office Supply, Sechelt, B.C., April/May 2013.
- May 2013: Out of Bounds group was Featured Artist at the Sunshine Coast Quilt Guild show.
- July/August 2013: Out of Bounds at Leigh Square Gallery, Port Coquitlam, BC.
- July 24 – Sept 29, 2013: part of “Paradise Lost?” at the Museum of Anthropology, University of British Columbia.
- Jan 2014: Sunshine Coast Arts Centre, Sechelt BC.
- April 5 – May 25, 2014: “Fabrications,” Fibreworks Gallery, Pender Harbour, BC.
- Aug 2014: Feature Artist with Trisha Joel at the Landing Gallery.